Spots..Spots..and more spots. So a week ago, I took Reece to the Doctor cause he just didn't seem to be feeling well. Took him to the doctor and he had a sinus infection, so the doctor put him on amoxacillin.... no big so we thought. So a few days go by and he just wouldn't eat..more so his bottle than anything and very clinging, So Friday I woke up to feed him, he was all smiles and he had about 5 red spots on his little face almost like a bug bite. So I continued to look him over...his neck was covered in one enormous spot, a few on his hands and as I unzipped his jammies his whole body was covered in this nasty looking rash sort of thing, I took these pictures but for whatever reason I don't think that the camera wanted to look at them either. So I waited until 8oclock and called the doctor yet again, the receptionist told me she could get us in at 10:15. GREAT! So I scrambled around and off we were. The doctor looked at him and said well the good news is he doesn't have a sinus infection anymore. At this point we had a day and a half of antibiotic left and he said to go ahead and discontinue it. The bad news is he has had an allergic reaction to the penicillin...So Benadryl it is until it clears up... then he should start eating well again. We woke up this morning to NO HIVES!! Yippee! Poor little man was just awful looking. So no medication with penicillin in it, they want to reintroduce when he is about 6 because I guess you can out grow it, but they will send us to a special clinic to try it out while we are there.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Spots..Spots..and more spots. So a week ago, I took Reece to the Doctor cause he just didn't seem to be feeling well. Took him to the doctor and he had a sinus infection, so the doctor put him on amoxacillin.... no big so we thought. So a few days go by and he just wouldn't eat..more so his bottle than anything and very clinging, So Friday I woke up to feed him, he was all smiles and he had about 5 red spots on his little face almost like a bug bite. So I continued to look him over...his neck was covered in one enormous spot, a few on his hands and as I unzipped his jammies his whole body was covered in this nasty looking rash sort of thing, I took these pictures but for whatever reason I don't think that the camera wanted to look at them either. So I waited until 8oclock and called the doctor yet again, the receptionist told me she could get us in at 10:15. GREAT! So I scrambled around and off we were. The doctor looked at him and said well the good news is he doesn't have a sinus infection anymore. At this point we had a day and a half of antibiotic left and he said to go ahead and discontinue it. The bad news is he has had an allergic reaction to the penicillin...So Benadryl it is until it clears up... then he should start eating well again. We woke up this morning to NO HIVES!! Yippee! Poor little man was just awful looking. So no medication with penicillin in it, they want to reintroduce when he is about 6 because I guess you can out grow it, but they will send us to a special clinic to try it out while we are there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (4)
- March (2)
- December (2)
- September (1)
- August (19)
- July (2)
- June (8)
- May (4)
- April (11)
- February (4)
- January (1)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (4)
- August (4)
- July (11)
- June (4)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- December (5)
- November (8)
- October (1)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (5)
- June (6)
- May (6)
- April (3)
- March (9)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (7)
- November (10)
2 comments:
That would have freaked me out!
Hi Shelly!! You have been up to a lot of fun things! Poor little Reece - I am glad he is feeling better. The rash looks like it was worse than the sinus infection! It is fun to see all the cute projects! I love the towels and the skirt! It is so fun to create things! Hope you have a great week!!! Love Tanya
Post a Comment