Friday, February 25, 2011

Alive!! I can't believe it so last spring I had remembered that mom had some plants in the shed that she always stored there for the winter. I called up Danny and asked if he was going to keep up mom's plant, his response was laughter and said oh no, I don't do flowers. So he told me that I was more than welcome to them. They were some Asiatic Lilies that were in a pot and they had quite the growth but had been in the dark all winter. They grew and were beautiful!! So summer ended and I panicked on how to preserve this plant through the winter. I talked with one of my good friends who know a lot about plants and called the Master Gardner at the chamber of commerce. She had a lot of good advice but still there was no guarantee that they would live...I was saddened. Then as winter went on I put them in a semi dark room so they could go dormant and after one of my children broke off the major stems I thought this plant was doomed. Much to my surprise I looked and it has life!!! Oh how I wish it was warmer and I could bring them out! I will just have to have patience and look forward to these Lilies to come to a beautiful yellow! Just kind of a fun way to remember my mom, the funniest thing is most of the plants and flowers she tried to grow died so the fact that this one was thrown into the shed and lived makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Kristi M. said...

What a great reminder of your mom. Yellow flowers are always so bright and happy too.

Blog Archive