So the past two weeks have been a world wind around here, and everything that could have happened, happened! Randy was out of town the past two weeks for work and we are so glad that he is back and things are somewhat kinda normal, I know that really doesnt' make sence. So it all started about two months ago when I had decided that I really needed to take Kaeltynn to the doctor to see if she was diabetic, she just seemed to be showing signs of her blood sugar dropping, I had been meaning to do it over the summer but life was just busy and then I was putting it off because I didn't want to take her out of school for an appointment, she had already missed some days due to being sick. So I finally bit the bullet like I said about two months ago and took her to the doctor, so she had to give a urine sample which the look on her face was like are you kidding me!? Anyways pretty painless. So we go in and the doctor looks at her results and said well the good news is that she isn't diabetic, she could be hypoglycemic, but the bigger problem is that she has a bladder infection, now keep in mind the poor girl has no symptoms what so ever, Other than just being really exhausted and her blood sugar seems to drop. So he put her on an antibiotic, grew a specimen and called that weekend to make sure that she was on the antibiotic because it was so bad. So we took the antibiotic and had a follow up appointment in two weeks to make sure that it was gone. Went back, another urine sample, and yet another bladder infection-different bacteria. So they let the urine grow, gave us another antibiotic and again a follow up appointment in two weeks. We go back another urine sample, and said that he would call us in two days with the results-indeed he did call with bad news...... He said that he was stumpped and had to call a urologist because she had 10,000 bacteria in 1cc of urine! Those of you who don't know that is a whole heck of a lot! So he talked with a urologist and the urologist ordered an ultrasound of her kidneys and a VCUG. Those of you who may not know what a VCUG is it is where they put a catheder in and shot die up to see how the plumbing is working. So..... Randy leaves town on the 4th and her tests were of course while he is gone. Okay not a problem....so i thought..... they had originally told me that she would be knocked out for the VCUG. So they did the ultrasound and she thought that was cool to see and then they proceeded with the next , I then found out that they weren't going to put her out! I was furious and freeking out because they said that I could go back with her but wasn't going to be able to be by her and hold her because of the x-rays and me being pregnant. I then panicked because my mom was home with the 2 younger kids, Randy was gone, I then called my mother-in-law about 20 minutes before they did the procedure and she was thankfully able to come down to help. It was awful to hear her scream for me but then when she screamed for Randy and he was out of town it crushed me. So the pediatrician called Friday put her on another antibiotic and told us the news that she had Vesicoureteral Reflux meaning that when she went pee some was traveling back up into her ureter and back into her kidneys. So that she needed to be on antibiotics untill she saw the urologist that next week. So he confirmed that she had this reflux and that she is in stage 4. There are 5 stages and 5 being the worse. So he put her on another antibiotic to help protect the kidneys and another med to help balance her little system out, when that is all balanced out we will go back next month and see what he has to say, she will need surgery to fix this problem so that it doesn't damage her kidneys. He suspects it has been going on most of her life and one of the symptoms is her throwing up all the time, not being hypoglycemic. So for now we wait to see when the big day is for surgery to get her little body feeling better. It is a horrible feeling to know that there is something wrong with your child and you can't do a thing about it.
In the meantime....... all of us had the flu, each of us had it for 24 hours-absolutely awful. Randy even had it while he was out of town.
The friday that we found out about Kaetlynn, Dylan didn't get of the bus from school, the bus passed our house and i thought well they must have a different driver and they will go around the block, well the bus never came back, so I called the school and they said that I would need to call the bus company, so I did and they said that they didn't have record of him getting on the bus, so I called the school back and they asked the teacher and the teacher confirmed that each kid got on the bus, so I called the bus company back and about after 20 minutes they found him, he was on the wrong bus! I guess at least he was with his friends who were also on the wrong bus. they told me they would drop him off in 19 minutes. okay fine. So another 20 minutes went by and he was still not home, so I made yet another call to the bus company and after an hour he was dropped of in front of our house happy as could be, all he said was that wow mom that was a long bus ride. (it should have taken 5 minutes!) anyways sheer panicked went through me that they had lost poor little Dylan and I sat on the front porch with Leah crying, asking myself why all this happened when Randy wasn't around. I know that Heavenly Father looked out after us while he was gone but it sure was......HELL! while it lasted.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (4)
- March (2)
- December (2)
- September (1)
- August (19)
- July (2)
- June (8)
- May (4)
- April (11)
- February (4)
- January (1)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (4)
- August (4)
- July (11)
- June (4)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- December (5)
- November (8)
- October (1)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (5)
- June (6)
- May (6)
- April (3)
- March (9)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (7)
- November (10)
4 comments:
I am so excited that you are able to get some of the unexplained figured out with Kaetlynn, like the throwing up all the time. Hopefully that will all be resolved. Thank goodness she is not hypoglycemic. One of my childhood friends has that and it is no fun. I have never thought of urine backing up like that. You always hear about acid reflux. What a crazy two weeks. Two weekends ago, I got a 24 hour sickness. I honestly think it was food poisening. It was the worst thing ever. I can also just picture Dylan riding the bus, having a great time with friends not realizing that he is totally on the wrong one. Scary!
I was so sad for you!!! I can totally relate to you on the worst things come about whens hubs are out of town. I, like you, have to be home so many weeks without Kev and there are some days where I am ready to throw in the towel. However, my appreciation for my hubby growns and I start to appreciate the single moms and dads out there!!
Poor Katleyn!!! So what did they decide to do???
Hopefully, the flu has hit and wont hit again. I just keep waiting for it to hit, I am living in a paranoid state!!!
You need to call me, I am always here for you if you need help!!!
wow, that is crazy! Poor little sweetheart! I hope that she is okay and the surgery is successful! my goodness sister, you have had a lot on your plate. I would have broken down about 101 times by the end of all of that! You have always been such a calm strong person though, I hope that you are doing well! even though I am not your visiting teacher anymore, I can still pray for you!! and I will!
Man it sounds like a crazy, stressful couple of months. I'm glad they've figured out what Kaetlynn has and hopefully she gets feeling better soon. It's so hard when husbands aren't around.
Post a Comment