The unexpected visitor
So....... I have forgotten to tell all of you my scary story from work. First I have to tell you working the grave yard shift at an Assisted Living can give you the creeps anyways, you never know when you might walk in on a resident and they may have passed or what lurks behind a door. So this last weekend I was working with one of my good friends whose name is also Shellie, we usually car pool when we work together. We drive up to work and there are cops out front. We thought that is weird I wonder what is going on. So we go in and the previous shift was no where to be found until about 10 minutes later the aide says,"I don't' want to alarm you guys but it has been interesting around here." So we have an Alzheimer's wing at work and on grave yards there is one on that wing and most of the time there are two of us on the wing i work on. So whatever happens we deal with. Well..... the aide on the other wing decided that she was going to fill her oxygen tanks a little earlier than normal, so she walks out to the shed where there is a light outside of the shed but not inside and let me tell you if the big bad wolf came he could probably blow the shed down. It has a bungee cord that holds the doors together and she said that the bungee cord was shoved inside the shed, not thinking she pulled and it came open with little effort, she opens the shed and hears a rustling around she looks and sees the outline of a man sitting up starring at her smoking inside the oxygen shed. she the says,"who the @@@@@ are you." (pardon the language) and he says," I'm Tim I have no where to go." She screams and runs to the doors on her wing which are locked with a key pad trying to punch in the code she comes in screaming telling the other aide what had happened and they call the administrator who lives right behind the facility and they are told to call 911. So they do and it turned out okay, the guy didn't hurt her he was just looking for a warm place to sleep, but it makes it that more scary when no one is around and you are working grave yard. Sad to know that there are people out there that don't have a warm place to live and makes me that more thankful to have a warm place to call home no matter how small our home is.
2 comments:
I would soooo be creeped out by that. Just one of those things you aren't expecting. I didn't realize that you rode in with the other Shellie. That makes things nice.
Hey there! (That is a crazy story by the way!) How are you? I love looking at your blog and your little leah! my email is aubster_9@hotmail.com if you ever want to email! I'll try an be better about commenting, I always forget to! I miss you tonz and am happy you guys are doing well! luv ya!
Post a Comment